Monday, August 17, 2015

Staff additions!

I've given two players positions on staff, it's clear we need more quality people helping with things.

The first is Saxi who has been given the position of Admin (gold crown).  He has been writing quests for months and is someone I know I can trust.  For those who don't know, I've known Saxi in real life for years now and this will give him the ability to assist people with quests and other content he writes.  While he won't be the definition of active in the player base, he is now an official "part of the staff" and someone I know I can count on.

Then there's Latent who has been made a Mod.  After coding for a while now and being online *all the time*, I believe it will be a good addition to the staff.  Regardless of words that have been exchanged or who got pk'd by who, the staff and I see nothing wrong with this move.

In personal and development news, I have over a month with no real responsibilities until Fall term starts.  I'm gonna try to get an ton of vscape stuff done, my first little pet project is resurrecting the original Jagex map viewer.  Here's an initial version for testing, lemme know if anyone has problems with it running: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8m32x7cr844msi/map.jar?dl=0  I'm aware it is the wrong map and it would seem no one has the correct version of a data file it uses out on the internet. I'm sure it's sitting on a hard drive somewhere in a beige box out there, but I'm working on figuring out how to make one myself.  I've also started work on a update script that will pull code from our repository, compile it and update data files quickly.  This will mean quicker and more frequent updates.  There's some other big things I'd like to do, but there's also a good amount of bugs to work on so we'll see. Again, thanks to you guys for reporting bugs @ http://vidyascape.no-ip.org/mantis

Also, that tournament was awesome, it had it's hitches but it was great to see so many people online and participating.  Shout-out to Nijia who kicked tons of ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment